Call for abstracts
• Please click here to submit your abstract
• The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 28 May 2018. Registrars are specifically invited to present.
• The committee invites the submission of abstracts to be considered for oral and e-poster presentations.
• Please click here to submit your abstract. Faxed abstracts will not be accepted.
• All appropriate abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. All abstracts received will be acknowledged, and authors will be sent acceptance or rejection letters by the 11th of June 2018. Please note that authors of accepted abstracts must be registered delegates.
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS:
1. Each abstract must clearly state the following:
a. Abstract title (the title of the abstract must not exceed 25 words)
b. Name of list of author(s). The name of the presenting author must appear first in the list of authors.
c. Affiliation of author(s).
d. Contact details of first author (telephone numbers, e-mail address etc)
2. Abstracts must be typed in English, single line spacing, Arial font size 12.
3. The body of the text must not exceed 350 words (this excludes the information listed in point 1)
4. Please adhere to the following format:
a. Introduction: should be brief and informative and state the aim of the study
b. Methods: include description of subjects and research methodology
c. Results: outline the findings of the study supported by statistics as appropriate. Do not use figures, graphs or tables in the abstract. The data provided must be sufficient to permit peer review of the abstract
d. Conclusion: provide summary and relevance of the main findings
5. SAHS supports the YOUNG SCIENTIST by providing FREE Registration to attend the Joint Stroke and Hypertension Congress 3-5 August 2018, based on the following:
Young scientist ( ≤ 35 years of age) - (please submit passport or identity document with application).
Abstract selected (based on scientific merit) as one of the top 25 of hypertension-related abstracts accepted for presentation at the congress.